Monday, February 20, 2012

Imperfect Pet Parenting

For some reason, I've been letting Paddy sleep in bed a lot recently. 

Look how comfy she looks?
Because it's been chilly, I've been welcoming the extra warmth.  She's learned that when I turn off the lights, it's sleepy time, but that doesn't mean she's the perfect bed companion.  Sometimes she worms her way so that her paws/head are on my pillow with me.  Last night, she moved to the center of the bed so that I couldn't stretch my legs without bumping into her....talk about a bed hog!  And in my imperfect pet parenting ways, I gently kicked her until she moved so I could be comfortable again. 

Oh I'm sorry, am I disturbing your naptime?
The right answer is probably moving her back to her crate for bedtime.  But I have to admit, I'm such a sucker for that shaggy pup that I enjoy the extra snuggle time!

No comments:

Post a Comment